“Set expectations, explore opportunities, and learn skills so you can take action towards developing your idea into something real”
Make Anything Academy offers young people aged 16 – 24 an extensive program in community development, government, entrepreneurship, digital technology, social innovation and leadership. It provides young people a world class learning experience with a wide selection of courses and opportunities for apprenticeships. It will offer access to a makerspace/incubator for young people to start their own innovative businesses.
Scholarships are made available to members, and as they receive training they discover ways to give back and improve their communities.
The program is currently seeking funding from foundations and corporate sponsors, with a goal to offer the first GROW Leadership Academy in FALL 2017.
The objectives of the Make Anything Academy are to:
- First discover Life Purpose through personal identity, values, character, integrity, discipline, and leadership. Visit Life Purpose @ GLA
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset – ability and attitude to constantly scan economic or social environments for ways to make an impact.
- Find career convergence where gifts, talents, and acquired skills combine with a role that empowers each person to do what they were is designed to do.
- Learn how to take first steps to greatness and apply skills needed to plan and fund a path to greatness.
- Make and create anything you want. Access Makerspaces and partnership resources.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why” - Mark Twain
Skills Training at GROW focuses on innovative approaches, including a “Play & Learn” approach that provides students with hands-on experience with projects. We also make use of a train the trainer approach, encouraging new champions to contribute their experiences back to the Academy.